In “Shadowmaker” we want to put you into the shoes of your younger self and capture the wonder that you felt when playing with shadows. Explore your bedroom, discover toys and objects and use them to create fascinating shapes!
Most impacting Worksamples
- Staying within the platform’s hardware budget, although the game’s essential gameplay element is real-time lighting.
- Support for Oculus Rift and
- Natural Interactions with the environment and objects
- Physic-based buttons, switches, levers, doorknobs, drawers, and door hinges
- Fluent switch between gravity and no-gravity
- Velocity-based item control in no-gravity that allows the player to move or rotate an object only in those axes specified by the player
- Collecting metrics with PlayFab to support design decisions by data
- Utilization of UE4’s Profiler and RenderDoc to monitor the project.
- Real-time color blending to provide the scenery with different moods
Fourth Year Collaborative Project (BA) at Cologne Game Lab
Development Time & Current State
7 weeks – Released
Windows, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive
VR Sandbox Experience
Manuel Ott: Programming
Rebecca Nöll: Game Design, Level Design, Graphic Design, Sound Design
As the solely programmer of the project, I was responsible for the entire rechnical realization of the project.
Unreal Engine 4, RenderDoc, MS Visual Studio, Git, Hack’n’Plan, Reaper