Adventure Game Engine
The “Adventure Game Engine” is made for Point&Click Adventures. It includes the fundamental elements to create a game of this genre.
I implemented some of the game programming patterns I thought myself recently. The engine includes two external frameworks: SFML and rapidXML.
Most impacting Worksamples
- Used Framework: SFML
- Render-Depth is determined by the order the objects are created
- Custom Render-Layer for special purposes like text, which is drawn after the regular objects
- Distance Scaling based on the player’s y-axis
- The left mouse button performs default action on an object or a move action
- The main character will tell details about an object, using the right mouse button
- User Input and the progression of the game are decoupled using the “Game-Loop-Pattern”
- Sequences are the main pillar to tell the narrative. An active sequence will take over the player’s control until it is finished. A sequence can perform the same action the player can do but contains multiple ones aligned in a row.
Manuel Ott: Programming, Project Lead
Besides the framework I used, SFML and rapidXML, and the assets I “borrowed”, everything showcased is made by myself.
MS Visual Studio, Git